Pages

Sunday 14 June 2015

On the anger and confusion of somehow living in the middle of a rom-com


Fuck my rom-com life.

No really, fuck it right in the ass. It's like everything played out according to something Kate Hudson would star in - first half is quirky and fun and everything is just... rom-comy I guess? And then the big turn happens in the middle, that defining fight, and I have no idea what to do. It's like I'm living 500 Days of Summer, depressing The Smiths soundtrack and all.


I told Turtle that his little stunt with his friends made me sad, and made me feel like he wasn't prioritizing us, as a thing. Of course he can hang out with his friends, but it's when he's been able to do that all along despite being married, and I'm only supposedly catching a break just now and I still don't get to see him that kinda shits me. He told me earlier today that he was 'thinking', and when I tried to gauge if he was angry or not, he told me he wasn't, and that he really didn't mean for it to come out the way he it did, but still mentioned that he was 'thinking'. What the fucking hell? About what? About how I've been putting up with whatever shit he's had to deal with for months? Granted, he didn't force me to get in on this, but some goddamn gratitude would be welcome. I'm not one for being taken for granted.

He asked me to come over, and I said I'd come if he really wanted me to come. "I want you to come," he said, before casually mentioning he was out and then not answering my texts for like an hour. Then he gets pissy because these were plans he had ahead of time. So somehow, when I give him an out and he doesn't take it, then I'm the bad guy?


I just don't know how it got to this much shit. I feel heartbroken.

No comments:

Post a Comment