Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

On days of laziness to come


I'm ready to assume this position and keep it that way for the next few days.
Finally day nine of the nine day workathon came to an end, and I'm now comfortably at home cradling a massive wad of cash that were my tips for today, ready for sleep and five days of laziness. Today was busy. Shan joked that it was because everyone knew that I was going to have five days off now, and since they'd all miss me so much, they all showed up today instead. Cute, but ultimately untrue - most of the people who came tonight weren't regulars. Still, despite there being a lot of people, it wasn't hysterically stressful. I think I'm getting pretty good at handling things.


I'm getting pretty good at handling people too - Karate Husband called Shan an idiot for using the wrong glass while talking to me in Japanese about which glasses to use when pouring a specific beer. I'm guessing that having Karate Husband tell me things like this in a matter that reads 'you're far too sensible to do something that dumb' is a good sign for me, since Karate Husband actually taking the time to explain things to you is a sign that he doesn't think you're a complete waste of space. It doesn't sound much, but it's far more than a lot of other people at work experience with him. I take what I can get. Speaking of getting stuff, Shan set me up with some leftover wine to drink while eating my sushi too. Before going home today, he looked a little sad and stated that he'd miss me on my days off, saying that of course the Swedish girl who's filling in for me is good, but "It's obviously different working with different people. I like working with you!". I joked about coming into work for a meal, and he was like "Just come by anytime you're hungry!", and I don't know, depending on level of said hunger for sushi and laziness, I just might. I'm happy to have time off, finally, but I'm also really happy to have found a place that works so well with me. I like liking work. I'm just looking forward to not smelling like a combination of beer and soy sauce for a while.


The winter situation with T is still kinda messed up. I feel disappointed, because obviously I wanted this trip to be awesome for him, not to mention that I would've loved to see the aurora borealis myself. He says not to worry, that coming to Sweden is enough in and of itself, but I know he's disappointed too. Now we're just doing the awkward-people-dance where I want to turn this into something amazing and he wants me to not overdo myself. I'll make it work though, even if things are... not fucked, but complicated. I'll figure it out. Both Pony and G have reacted to the whole plane fuckup situation by going "Well, it's unfortunate, but it's not surprising that you've had other things on your mind. This November has been shit for you, hasn't it?" and while it certainly hasn't been easy, I don't know if I've just been too tired to really reflect over how bad it's been. I've been through handing in the massive project that was the TEFL, a breakup and some serious sickness in combination with massive amounts of work. It's not strange that I'm tired, but while I haven't been a ray of sunshine, I haven't been as unhappy as I imagine I could've been. I don't know if that's fucked up in and of itself, but I'm at least happy that things could've been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment