Pages

Wednesday 10 December 2014

On courage, knits and kitchy Christmas trees


I put up my Christmas tree today. It's hard to make a small pink tree fit in in an apartment that I'm striving to turn into a minimalist paradise, because I guess cyan pink plastic doesn't usually signify minimalism in any way, shape or form, but I like to think it kinda works. I just can't really figure out in which order I should sort my rice cooker, fruit tray and plant now that they have to compete with my plastic monstrosity (that I secretly love). Despite having absolutely zero Christmas cheer going on (since the weather here is identical to mid-October weather in Sweden and it in no way feels like Christmas yet), I kinda like having a little piece of winter wonderland hanging around.


Today Franco approached me and asked me to teach him how to knit. This may or may not be the most surprising thing that has ever happened. Franco is hilarious but also extremely abrasive and rude to pretty  much everyone. For him to go: "I want something to do while I'm watching TV. Come on, teach me how to knit." was on the par of a taliban going "Hey girl, let's dress up in drag and get margaritas". The little old lady in the store beamed as she watched me showing Franco around the yarn store, giving him advice and pointing to things. I do like being the authority of something, even if it's just fabrics. I got the hot guy Yuya from the Japanese staff watching intently as I taught Franco, before going "Wow, you're really good" when the break room emptied and then disappearing out to do work again. I have missed, though. I noticed that when I was helping Franco. I should get back on that.

I was a little bold with Potato today, and that seems to have resonated with him, leading to him inviting me over to his place on Tuesday after work. Even though he seldom makes the first move, he responds to each move I make with enthusiasm, so I've stopped feeling slighted and just decided to go with that he's busy and/or introverted when he doesn't call me all the time or ask a million questions. I somehow get a quiet reassurance all the time anyway. I can feel kinda safe in that.

And also completely giddy, because yay, date with Potato!

I don't know where the sudden bravery came from. I guess I'm just having a day where I feel positive about just about anything. I wonder why?


I guess it's just been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment