Pages

Thursday 23 October 2014

On nests and disco homes

So far I'm pretty convinced that Debu-chan has something known as Ich. This morning now all I could really do was watch him, since I was waiting for my IKEA delivery and kinda couldn't leave my apartment, but I was freaking out a little internally. I wanted to run out and buy a heater, a siphon and some fish salt, along with some plants for comfort, but time-wise I was in a really bad place. I needed to head to work, and even though it was pretty much as far from a busy day as humanly possible,  I was scared that they might not be alive by the time I came back home. Luckily, since pretty much no one showed up to work today, student-wise, I was able to take two of my coworkers to the very serious goldfish shop during my food break. Getting home, I immediately cleaned the tank, changed the water and medicated the whole thing, turning the water blue. The fish seemed to like their new disco home, until one of the Tomson 5 promptly died. Disco homes must not be for everybody. While this saddens me a bit, my main priority in this case is Debu-chan, who does seem to look happier. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what will happen now.


Apologies for the incessant goldfish posting, but it suddenly became a priority in my life. That, and I'm tired about ranting on and on about work and stuff like that - given that October has kinda sucked for me, the goldfish are kinda therapeutic. Devoting myself to making it work with them in a serious way is a nice distraction for me.

A very accurate portrayal of how I feel when I check the 'statistics' page on my work webpage too much.

I got my IKEA furniture, and putting it together was fun up until the point where I noticed that one of the members of the Tomson 5 had died (making them what, the Tomson 4 now?), at which point I just kinda felt frustrated. It does seem to get a bit cheaper with each passing year, and while I like a lot of the design elements, I'm (slightly impatiently) awaiting the day when I can buy real furniture without committing financial seppuku. I like my place, and I make a point of only getting things I really like, but a long bullshit week and a particularly bullshit-y day later, I'm pretty exhausted.

Still, I like how my place is turning out. Talking to mom and dad tonight on Skype, they asked if I'd kinda made up my mind about staying, and I could tell them honestly tell them that I love being here. The apartment is a large part of that, all things considered. It's the base I wanted to build when I first decided to come here. It's the place I can go to for security and comfort.

Security, comfort, owls, half-eaten apples and deers riding bicycles...

...empty cardboard boxes, new chairs and rice cookers.

It's my nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment