Pages

Saturday 4 October 2014

On bloodbaths and disappointments


I've had such a weird weekend. Like, I've been so off. Everything just left me totally 'meh'. I had plans to go get cushions to use to sit on the floor, and even had ideas of going to IKEA to pick up chairs or a cart for the kitchen or whatever, but I ended up just sitting around, watching crappy TV shows and eating avocado. I guess it was just some of those days, but it feels like I wasted a perfectly good couple of days, and with that, a perfectly good weekend off.

In a way, I feel a little... slighted, I guess, seeing as I'm used to being double booked and having a menagerie of people waiting around to hang out, but now, it's like there's no one available. And I mean, it's not like I really feel any kind of intense desire to see anyone, but I guess I want to feel like people find me so cool that they want to hang out with me at every waking moment. I'm self-absorbed like that. I was asked to go to this language exchange party thing by one of my buddies, Yuu-chan, but he ended up not talking to me for almost the whole thing, so I left relatively early. On top of which, I got my period. So yeah, an awesome weekend. Not.


At the same time as I'm feeling crappy, I feel even crappier for not enjoying my weekend. Like, I'd been waiting for my two days off with quite some enthusiasm, but now they feel wasted. Because I wasn't peachy and having the time of my life, somehow they weren't utilized. Then I feel bad for feeling bad, and that way it's Saturday night and I have to face an entire day of lessons for Sunday with an upcoming typhoon without any rest. It's bullshit, but what can you do? As an adult, you just kinda have to suck it up, I guess.


Being an adult sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment