Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2014

On typhoons and other cool things

For once, things have felt like they've been lining up. I mean, the weekend felt pretty bad, what with hormonal crap going on and everything, but so far, this week has proven to be pretty good. Knock on wood and all that. Work is on a total roll, and I feel really proud of myself for turning it around. I'm not sure exactly what I did to make it work, but whatever it was it seems to be responding with people, and I feel good.



Yesterday I experienced my first real typhoon. There have been typhoon warnings before, which have only amounted to some wimpy raining, so that's what I thought typhoons were. Fuck no, those things are hardcore. My black work shoes are still wet from Sunday night. It was as if I'd been jumping in every single puddle I could find on my way home. Ikebukuro was flooded with like two inches of water wherever you'd look (and step). Halfway home, I stopped feeling miserable about the rain, and figured that it's not like I could get any more drenched, and jumped in some puddles for good measure while giggling to myself. It felt good to act like an idiot after a shitty weekend. It was like the rain was washing it all away.

Sleeping in yesterday morning, hearing the rain pound on my window and the wind howl, was like heaven. I love listening to storms when I can be inside, safe and dry, cuddling up with my blankets. That's partly why I love the fall, after all. It's such a good blanket-cuddle-season. I'm totally going to go try to get hold of a huge-ass scarf when I'm off on Friday, so I can sink my face into fluffy goodness. That, and the pair of cute wool shorts I saw. I wonder if I can fit in them? I get the distinct feeling that I've gained some weight since I got here. Summer was too hot for exercising, and then fall rolled around and I've still been too lazy to hit up Zombies, Run! again, even though I kinda miss it. Then again, that could just be because 20% of young Japanese girls are underweight and I feel big in comparison, being a giraffe-like Nord. That's actually sadly a fact that a doctor client told me today, while simultaneously refusing to acknowledge that dieting to the point of being underweight is pretty indicative of an eating disorder. I mean, it doesn't have to be, but to go "No, no, not an eating disorder! They're just doing it to be thin" is pretty much the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment